Latest News & Discounts
How to pay on KuSakuraShop.com
KuSakuraShop offers three payment methods. The first and second are performed "online", and refer to credit card payments. All you need is a credit card or a PayPal account. Through Stripe you can pay via credit card without account, whereas PayPal offers both, payment through a PayPal account or via the gateway. The third one, called "off-line" is the payment by ordinary postal money to be made at your local post office (your payment is transmitted by secure post).).
All prices displayed on the site are in US dollars and orders are payable in US dollars.
Credit card payment through Stripe
- This is the easiest payment method on KuSakuraShop: You simply need a credit card.
- Accepted cards: With the exception of very few countries: MasterCards, Visa and American Express. Refused are disposable/one-time-use/Ecards.
- Currency of payment: USD - converted by your bank if your account is in another currency.
- Debit from your bank account: immediate (can take a few days depending on your account details).
- Fraud protection: at the highest level. Check the section below.
- Security level: PCI level 1, highest security available on the market.
- Storage of credit card information: Your credit card information will not be stored. The payment information will be forwarded to your bank, accepting or declining the authorization and from there, the information is deleted. Kept are only the last 4 digits of the card number.
Stripe probably offers the smoothest checkout experience. Available in Japan since 2016 and immediately implemented in our system, especially for our European and North American clients.
Credit card payment through PayPal
- No PayPal account needed - simple credit card payment also possible.
- Accepted cards: Visa, MasterCards, Discover, JBC and American Express. Not accepted are disposable/one-time-use/E-cards.
- Currency of payment: USD - converted by your bank.
- Debit from your account: immediate (can take a few days depending on your account details)
- Insurance for delivery: Automatically added, no matter if you have an account or not.
- Fraud protection: You did not make a purchase? You will be refunded by PayPal.
- Security: PCI level 1, currently the highest available level.
Refusal of your payment - what can you do?
Because both Paypal and Stripe have set up a very strict anti-fraud control system, it can happen that payments be refused without apparent reason. These are the most frequent problems and how to solve them:
Payment by E-credit card (or disposable card): Since it is not possible to perform the necessary ID checks for these cards, they are not accepted.
The solution: Use another card.
Geographic Verification: our system performs a check of your geographic location at the time of payment / billing address and may contact the issuing country of your card. Some so-called "risky" combinations are not allowed.
In this case, please contact us so that we can find a solution together.
History check: If your credit card has already had problems with fraud or has been subject to bank suspension, your card may be refused.
In this case, contact us to find a solution.
- Internet connection: As anti-fraud third parties survey your internet connection, the usage of software hiding your data (e.g. anonymous connection), can interpreted as potential risk. Deactivate all programs preventing PayPal from verifying your location. Also, if using a public network, try again from a secure connection.
- Browser activity: anti-fraud systems are alerted if you open a different website in a new tab during the payment process as his can be interpreted as fraud risk. The simple solution is to wait until the payment processed before surfing other websites.
You still cannot process the payment? Contact your bank to make sure that you have the necessary authorization to process a payment online abroad.
After receiving your bank's confirmation, contact us and we get back to you with a PayPal money request for your order. Doing so, the verification process related to your location will be skipped. If that does not resolve the problem, you will have to use a different card.
If you have created a PayPal account with a registered email address and credit card, you must login to your account for security reasons to process the payment. There is no way to use PayPal without login in if you are already registered with Paypal (which is part of their security measures).
Are credit card payments secure?
Of course! Stripe our first payment intermediary is a well known international payment platform designed to accept credit card payment directly within the seller's website. The very advanced technology Stripe offers combined to our super secured checkout page provides the best security you can imagine today. Stripe is also the main payment processor for Shopify, the largest and most secured online store provider in the world.
PayPal, our second payment intermediary is a global leader in online payment security, so no matter which method you use, your payment is secure. And last but not least, note that whatever the gateway you choose to use, we never store nor have access of any kind to your credit card information.
However, please make sure on your end to avoid any trouble with your card, here are some tips on how to avoid the most frequent security issues:
- Do not use your credit card (e.g. place an order) through public Wi-Fi, internet cafes etc.
- Never click on any PayPal link you may find in emails (except from the receipt you receive right after your payment). Please ignore any suspicious emails or PayPal links and invitations asking for sensitive information like your password and credit card information. It is a common method to hack your personal information. It is called "phishing".
- What might be the most common way though to get your credit card information is from your card itself, when leaving it unwatched. (e.g. have a picture taken behind the counter when paying etc.). Always keep your card on sight.
Payment by "ordinary" postal money order
Postal money order is not available in all countries. We confirm the possibility of payment from: France, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Poland, the United States, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and South Korea.. Orders from any other country whose customers opt for postal money order payment will be automatically cancelled.
- Be careful to choose ordinary POSTAL mandate, and not express mandate.
- The mandate is to be made in US Dollars (the postal clerk will do the conversion).
- Delay: 6 to 10 days.
- Depending on your country, handling charges and sometimes registration fees apply. Please check the exact rate with your local post office.
- The payment must be sent to: Seido Co., Ltd. - KuSakuraShop Dpt - 351-0101 Saitama-Ken, Wako-shi, Shirako 2-27-51, Japan.
- After we receive the payment we will send you an email with further information concerning the order processing and shipping date.
- If you change your mind after confirmation of your order or it turns out that you are not able to make such a payment, please contact us to cancel your order. To proceed with credit card payment, the order has to be redone from scratch.
We can only process the order after receiving the payment.
Pricing in US Dollars and other currencies
All the amounts shown on our website in a currency other than the US Dollars are there for your comfort of navigation and are subject to fluctuations of the exchange rate, therefore the amounts may differ from the amount actually paid (the difference in the exchange rate, and exchange fees charged by your bank). The final payment on our website will always be displayed in USD, regardless of the currency selected for display.
Conversions between your currency and USD are automatic and fully transparent when making payments by credit card or Paypal account. You can view prices in EUR, CAD, GBP, and other currencies at your convenience. All the prices displayed on the site, including descriptions, are transcribed in your currency. The exchange rate is updated twice a day from a dedicated website: www.xe.com. We add a 5% conversion rate to the official rate so most of the time, the final amount charged on your credit card will be slightly lower than the one displayed on the website.
Other payment methods
Bank transfers are subject to significant costs: $50 for a single payment. For this reason, we do not accept transfers for orders less than $800. Bank charges will be added to the amount of your order. Please contact us, if you wish to obtain a quote adapted to this means of payment.
This payment method is not accepted in Japan.
Western Union (and similar services)
These services are subject to high fees and strict regulations in Japan, therefore we cannot accept this type of payment.
Note that fractional payments (in installments) are not accepted.
Payment on delivery
Is unfortunately not available for international shipments.