Update on European situation
Due to the uncertainty of the current situation in Europe, orders to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldavia and Georgia are suspended until further notice.
Special Offer | 10% OFF a product selection! (until June 30th, 2 pm JST)
Merge KuSakura International x France |
KuSakuraShop France and International are merging & important upgrade of the KuSakuraShop experience!
New Products & Navigation Menu Rework | New Products Now Available Online & New Shopping Menu!
Review Reward Campaign | Leave a comment on your recent purchase and receive a 5% discount.
International Judo Federation 2022 Regulations
All you need to know to comply with the new IJF regulation
Introduction to the IJF norms
To ensure fair competition, the International Judo Federation has established standards that are revised annually for all Judo equipment used in competition. With the exception of the JOA model, all high end KuSakura Judogi are IJF approved under the 2022 last regulation (red label). However, it is important that the Judogi ordered suits with your size and follows a number of parameters. You can find the main points in this section. These standards are mandatory for any international competition. The regulations of each local federation can be more permissive than the IJF rules but not the opposite. To present oneself with a IJF-approved Judogi at a local or national competition ensures compliance with local standards.
Starting from April 1st, 2015, the wearing of a red-labelled Judogi is compulsory for all competitions run by the IJF. This ONLY concerns international competitions. Local rules for national and regional competitions and for grading shiai do not impose those new standards. Generally speaking, this page only applies to international standards and not to the standards of the National Federations such as the USJF (US), or the BJA (UK) .
The color of the label
Effective from April 1st, 2015, all practitioners attending an event must imperatively possess an IJF Judogi with a red label (2015). The regulations regarding the belts have not changed, those can have either a blue or a red label. It is imperative that the identification number of the IJF authorization appears on the jacket and the pants.
Belt: red OR blue logo accepted.
Judogi: red logo ONLY.
International Judo Federation Technical Norms
- The fabric weight should be between 650 and 750 g/m².
- The white Judogi must be perfectly white or off-white (unbleached).
- The blue Judogi must have a color number between No. 18-4051TCX (TPX) and No. 18-4039TCX (TPX) on the Pantone textile scale.
- The upper part of the Judogi must be Sashiko-weaved (rice grain).
- The texture of the lower part of the jacket should be light and with a simple and robust weaving or with a diamond-shaped weave made of Sashiko fabric.
- The jacket must have reinforcements on the shoulders, chest and armpits.
- Pants must be reinforced at the knees and on the side openings.
- Belts must be made entirely in cotton.
- Belts must have between 8 and 13 seam lines.
- The width of the belts must be between 4 and 4.5 cm.
- The thickness of the belts should be between 4 and 5 mm.
Wearing of the Judogi & Belts
- The distance between the sternum top and the lapel crossing point, must be less than 10 cm.
- Sleeves must always reach the base of the wrist, the maximum tolerance is 1 cm.
- The excess of fabric on the sleeves (under the arm) must be between 10 and 15 cm.
- Fabric excess in the legs must be between 10 and 15 cm.
- The jacket must cross over with a width of at least 25 cm above the belt. The belt should be worn just above the hip bone and be tied tightly. The jacket must cover the buttocks completely (plus 5 to 10 cm).
- The pants should have a length necessary to not let appear more than 5 cm above the external ankle bones (malleolus).
- Once tied, each belt end must be between 20 and 30 cm from the knot to the end.
- The belt should not unravel when pushing on the 2 ends together (the belt should be flexible enough to tie tightly).
- Only solid black belts are allowed. While in the past, the 'women' belts with white lines were allowed at international and Olympic levels, it is no longer the case.
IJF Embroideries and markings Regulation
For international competitions, an embroidery of 20 cm length is accepted on the bottom of the collar, one side at the top of the pants, and one side on the belt.
As for national competitions, please check with your federation (embroideries are generally accepted on belts and on the lower collar of the jacket).
Is it mandatory to wear Tshirt for women?
The wearing of a T shirt under the vest is compulsory for women.
T-shirts should be white with short sleeves.
No brand (including the brand logo) should be visible. The T-shirt should not be customized (including embroidery).