Product Information & Size Chart
Face Covering Mask - Sashiko (rice grain) Fabric
These masks are made from Sashiko fabric using high-quality Japanese Mikawa cotton, the same cotton used in KuSakuraShop's high-end Judogi. Besides all the beneficial properties that Sashiko fabric offers, this mask has been treated to be antimicrobial and odor resistant through a Japanese cypress tree solution. This treatment is meant to stay efficient up until approximately 50 laundries, washed in cold water.
KuSakuraShop's team is currently using it and recommends to wash them with soap. We can guarantee that this mask is entirely washable and reusable dozens of times. When we reach the hundredth laundry, our team will keep you informed by updating this product page.
Please note that for your comfort and ease of use, this mask has been designed with an elastic on top and durable pleats, designed to stay in place without having to iron it. Nevertheless, ironing can be used as a disinfection measure and in this case, please mind the elastic of the mask.
As all our customers know, KuSakuraShop is driven by a strong ethical will, passed on through our products and services. We do not want to take advantage of the COVID-19 outbreak situation to make a profit and our staff was quite uncomfortable with the idea of offering this type of products on the shop. Nevertheless, in the light of this unprecedented crisis, our partner workshops have to find a solution to stay alive, to keep providing you with high-quality pieces of equipment. Therefore, we have decided to sell this product so that you can also show your support while protecting yourself and your surroundings during these difficult times.
This mask is not a surgical mask. It does not protect much, but it may limit the quantity of droplets emitted from your mouth when coughing, or even speaking.
Best practices, as recommended by licensed surgeons:
- Avoid touching the outside of the mask when wearing it as the exterior may present viruses emitted by other persons. If you do, make sure to wash your hands.
- Try to put it on and off using the elastics only.
- Make sure to wash the mask with soap as often as possible. If you use a washing machine, use a laundry net. Ideally, the same mask shouldn’t be used more than a few hours before being washed.
- Don’t put the mask on places where microbes might transfer and be picked up by your hands later. You can place it in a plastic bag until you wash it.
Please note that because this is a personal hygiene product, we cannot accept returns for this item.
Face Covering Mask technical specifications
- Material: 100% Mikawa Cotton | Elastic: Nylon/Polyurethane
- Made in Japan
- Color: White, Natural, Black & Navy
- Sizes: Small, Standard & Large
- Weight: approx. 10 g / 0.35 oz
- Small: 16 x 8.5 cm (12.5 cm with open pleats). For kids, women, men with a small face.
- Standard: 18 x 9 cm (13 cm with open pleats). Recommended for men and people with a regular face size.
- Large: 19 x 9.5 cm (15 cm with open pleats). Recommended for people with a large face size or with a beard.